If you are either setting up a new bodyshop business or have an established one that carries out repairs and resprays to the bodywork of vehicles damaged in accidents you will wish to make sure that you have bodyshop insurance in place that provides you with the appropriate level(s) of cover for a competitive premium. You will be pleased to hear that this sort of insurance can quickly be arranged within a motor trade insurance policy.

Bodyshops comes in all sizes, from the sole trader operating out of one small industrial unit to a large company with numerous body repair shops spread around the UK. You could also operate as a mobile smart repairer where your work is often carried out outside the customer’s home or business premises.

Whatever your requirements, you will be pleased to hear that, through ourselves at, we can help you arrange the cover that you require at a competitive premium with one of the many specialist insurers that we provide you with access to.

A combined motor trade insurance policy could include cover for your business premises that you work from so that, for instance, should there be a serious fire that destroyed the building you would have peace of mind knowing that the insurance policy would cover the majority of the costs to repair/rebuild the property. You could also insure the contents including any plant and machinery such as paint spray guns and spray booths. Other risks that you could be insured against include theft and water damage.

You may also wish to make sure that you have public liability cover included in the above policy in case a customer was seriously injured whilst on your premises. If they were successful in suing you, this could run into millions of pounds and this type of insurance should pay out on your behalf.

It is a legal requirement that, if you employ someone in the bodyshop, that you have employer’s liability cover in case they sue you having had an accident at work. This can usually be incorporated within the above policy.

It is likely that you and your employees will be involved in driving cars that are owned by both the business and its customers. Road Risks cover can usually be included within a combined motor trade insurance policy so that you meet this legal requirement.