Mechanic / Servicing

If you run your own business carrying out mechanical work and/or the servicing of cars or other vehicles then it is likely that you will require motor trade insurance to provide you with complete peace of mind in the event of something untoward happening. You will be pleased to hear that you can arrange such cover through this website who provide you with access to a number of the major insurance companies offering this type of specialist insurance.

For instance, combined motor trade insurance can include cover for such things as machinery and tools, ramps and lifting equipment in case they are stolen or destroyed in a fire. If you own the building in which your business operates from or are responsible for insuring it, buildings and contents cover can also be included to provide cover for such things as fire, water damage and theft.

You will no doubt have customers visit your garage premises. Therefore, it is important that you consider public liability insurance in case a visitor to your premises suffers some injury whilst their and sues you.

If you have one or more employees, you are legally obliged to have employer’s liability insurance to cover you should one of them sue you as a result of suffering an injury whilst carrying out their work.

You may also wish to consider product liability insurance should, for example, a part that you fit to a vehicle fail and the driver suffer an accident and sue you for damages.

You will no doubt be driving customer’s cars to test them, perhaps both before and after carrying out mechanical work so you can arrange road risk insurance within a motor trade insurance policy to cover you and any employees should you have an accident. This is a legal requirement.

Whether you are a full time, part time or mobile mechanical or servicing specialist you can arrange suitable cover and you can get a competitive quote via our online quote form.